Positive effects of boxing
As already mentioned in the introduction, boxing has several positive effects on you. Here is a small overview that should encourage you to box:
- Stress reduction
- Adaptation to your own fitness level
- Helps coordination
- Not everyone has to compete in boxing or sparring matches to benefit from these effects. Boxing is suitable for everyone! The boxing training is perfect to train your strength, speed and endurance and demands your full concentration and motivation!
With a pair of gloves and an optional punching bag, you can quickly train and improve the following skills with manageable means
- Muscle strength
- Speed and power of impact
Additionally, boxing can help you get rid of stress, aggression and bad thoughts. Just let it out on the sandbag or the air!
To give you a little orientation on what you should look out for when buying high quality boxing gloves - here is a little checklist:
- Stability - you should have a tight fit in the gloves
- Thumb and wrist fixation
- Quality of the material (e.g. leather or imitation leather)
- Sufficient foam insulation to cushion blows on the sandbag or during sparring and prevent injuries
- Velcro closure if necessary
Boxing gloves should neither be too tight nor too loose. Remember that the gloves get a little wider when worn for a longer period of time and sweating.
Safety first - in order to be well-prepared for any sparring or competition and to prevent injuries, you should not forget the following boxing accessories:
- Boxing bandages
- Punch pads
Now only one thing is missing. Come on and start! Have fun with boxing!